Friday, September 18, 2015

"You Know Me"

[February 3, 2012]

I really was trying to focus on my Synthetic Analysis due tomorrow... that is until I turned on Bethel's new album, The Loft Sessions... "You Know Me"...well it's kinda wrecking me--joy, laughter, tears, awestruck. The song is all about God knowing us. The same God who hung the stars knows us, knows me, knows every detail... "Nothing is hidden from Your sight, where I go, You find me. You know every detail of my life, cause You are God and You don't miss a thing." Freight train and Mack truck all at the same time. HE KNOWS ME! Every bit of me, He knows. My hurts, my pains, my joys, what makes me laugh.. smile... what makes me heart smile. what makes me heart race... He knows me. Every detail. The same one who hung the stars and moves the sea... I'm not sure I've ever realized how huge it is to know and be known.

My mind goes to how we are the bride of Christ right?  The image of Christ as the Bridegroom and the Church as the Bride... and how Christ gave and gives for His bride... Then to how the Ephesians says for husbands love your wives as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself up for her... Christ knew Her. But the thing is Christ is coming back for His bride... for those that make the attempt to reciprocate that love even though it can never compare or come close to the love He has for her. He's coming back for His bride who's heart is to know Him and know Him deeply. Well, as a woman I just get the image of how the husband is to love his wife as Christ loves the Church... but the thing is... it is the bride's desire to reciprocate that love to Christ just as the wife desire's to reciprocate her love and desire to know him... know how he thinks... know how he feels... know what he needs... know him... spiritual reflects the physical. It's like the return of Christ is the wedding right? Well you don't wait until the wedding to get to know Him... No. "He'd say depart from me for I never KNEW you." You go through life with Christ. He's there in your valleys. He's there on the mountain. You express your joys and your pains. You leave no room for secrets even though you can't hide. 

God intended that same relationship to  happen here. On earth. The image of the relationship before the wedding. The getting to know. The importance of knowing and being known. The importance of taking the time to climb up mountains to the peak but then climb down into valleys... together.. regardless of how hard or easy it is. Jesus, the Bridegroom, doesn't rush you in His relationship with you but you commit to it and the time it takes to develop. You start at being in a spoon-fed relationship that progresses to the meat of the relationship... but if you try to jump immediately to the meat... there's complications because the development is incomplete that prepares you for the meat. You try chewing a steak with a mouth full of gums... and you'll wish you would have let your teeth grow in instead of forcing what you're not ready for. 

I know this probably sounds all mixed up, but the thing is... God gives us these relationships or specifically the relationship He blesses you with to steward to get a realistic picture of the relationship of Christ and His bride. To show you what it is to live selflessly. To show you how to treat someone. To show you what love truly is... and what it isn't. To show you how important it is to KNOW someone... and not have the thought that you can even marry someone without taking the time to know them. Can't do it with Christ, why try with the physical reflection of that relationship?

But because the relationship between Christ and His bride came first THEN the physical reflected, it must stay in that order: Christ and you as His bride THEN your husband and you as his bride... or rather before you're married... the Know Period that really never ends because... I mean I'm always learning new things about Christ... never fails to amaze me! If there is anything I guess I really want to get across is this: Get to know HIM then get to know him... let it grow... unrushed.

Aside from my Bridegroom, if there is anyone that knows me it would be my best friend, Mason. You see, listening to this song, I get the image of Christ to me and how huge it is that He knows me. Then I get the image of Mas and how important it is to him to know me and be known by me, and how he does know me and continues to learn me. And I cry because I see the reflection of my relationship with Christ in our relationship... and how important it is to know... and to grow... and to reciprocate love in ways like taking the time to know... to be selfless. I cry because my Father never fails to amaze me... because he blessed me with such a man that reflects the love of Christ in a human way (in that he is human not Christ)...  he's shown me what it looks like to want to know and take the time to do so. No he hasn't memorized me but no one knows me like he does... This is the relationship God gave me... gave us to steward... to be an example of Christ... and to further learn the love of Christ and apply it... not just to each other... but to... to everyone... because that's what we're called to do... to love... to be light... to be examples...

Maybe I'm goin in circles... maybe it makes sense...
Love Jesus. Know Him. Continue to get to know Him. Because until you do make the act towards Him of reciprocation... you can't truly steward a relationship that reflects yours.

What is your relationship with Christ reflecting? 
Relationships take time... let them.

My Goal: to Know Him deeper... so that I may know him deeper... the crazy part is you can do them at the same time... but which you desire more is what changes whether or not proper development occurs...

Mind cleared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment